Re: [Harp-L] Required Reading --- A Love Supreme

Pierre writes
> Sorry Chris, but why???? its such boring s**t, not even musical and even
less interesting.

To which Chris replies:
> Only a fool would would make such a blind comment on what is regarded as
one of the most influential CDs of all time.

And Larry appends:
> Oh, woe to whomever disagrees with Michalek.
>
> Granted that "A Love Supreme" is an important and influential recording,
but, like Pierre, I also find it not to my liking.

I guess my question is how does any of this serve the needs of the thread?
 It seemed to me this list of lists got started so people could share
their personal thoughts about music that had some sort of profound effect
on them.  I don't know that I'd ever feel comfortable criticising anyone's
choices in music.  If what you want is for people to not take risks in
posting this is a great way to get there.  I was finding it very
interesting to read about the music that people were effected by.  I'm
hoping this is just a minor blip in the road and this whole discussion
rights itself and continues in the previously personal and fascinating way
it began.

fjm harp-l-listowner