[Harp-L] Re: Required Reading

Well I wouldn't "require" or even necesarily recommend that anyone follow my path, but these are
the first five lps that shaped my playing, in approximate chronological order:

1. Jug Band Music - Jim Kweskin and the Jug Band featuring Mel Lyman on harp. (great for 1st
position and introductory 2nd).
2. Boogie with Canned Heat (and the other 4 or 5 lps that feature Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson.)
3. Taj Mahal (the 1st self-titled lp w/ Taj harp on "Celebrated Walking Blues", "Leaving Trunk"
etc.)
4. The Real Folk Blues - Sonny & Brownie (I think this is the lp where Sonny makes the harp say "I
Want My Mama"?  That still blows me away!)
5. Fathers & Sons - Butter w/Muddy

So these and a few others are the lp's that shaped my playing in my formative years.