Re: [Harp-L] Influential Albums

Led Zeppelin had a huge part in influencing me to play harp.  "Bring it on Home" and later "When the Levee Breaks" stuck with me.  I was a rock 'n roll kid who thought it sounded really cool when bands played the blues, even if I didn't even know it was called "the blues."  All I knew was it was slow and emotive, and had that recognizable pattern of chords.

  That led to Howklin Wolf and Muddy and Junior and Butterfield and Willie Dixon and the rest, but for me it started with rock bands playing the blues.  I think that explains my Hard Blues style now...

  -Rick