[Harp-L] Re: Third position rave and questions

I've gotten several replies offlist already about
playing the 2 draw bend one semitone down instead of
two (as well as the 5 ob).  I try to do that too.
Whereas the flatted third in cross is a huge note to
play in blues, it seems that most find it too minor
for playing in third.  I started by tabbing a lot of
my 2nd pos licks into third and keeping the flatted
third in there.  Maybe I'll go back and play the other
bends instead and see if it works better.  Thanks for
the advice.  That was kind of what I thought I'd hear.
 Also, making sure I switch to 2nd pos over the IV has
helped keep it from being too minor.

I also should mention I bought David Barrett's book
about third position a while back.  Great stuff for
playing minor blues, but not a lot of resources on
playing major.  There is a George Smith type solo
tabbed out, but not much other then that.  I bet if I
went back and replaced some of the flatted thirds it
would sound more major.

Thanks.