[Harp-L] Re: V7 scales -> the tone clock

Hi Eugene & Wim,

Eugene wrote:
<snip<<But, what I was saying is relevant in general - if a chord is written with
<the a 9, 11 or 13 directly beside the root name (Gb), it will be based on a
<7th chord.

That's how I was taught as well.

and Wim wrote:
<snip<<I omitted the 7th because there is no minor seventh in this augmented scale.

Ofcourse I was thinking "chord" at first, whilst you were talking about "scales".
Now I see they are two augmented scales put together, it makes sense.

Ludo
PS How about some soundsamples on this, Wim? :-)