RE: [Harp-L] Required Reading

In your opinion as a harmonica enthusiast, what 5 CD's/albums are must haves, or contributed >the most to your own development? Call it "desert island discs", call it "requred reading" Call it >what you want

For every blues harmonica player A little heavy on the Walters but they were heavy.
1. Little Walter "The Essential Little Walter"
2. Muddy Waters Chess Box
3. George Smith "Harmonica Ace: The Modern Masters"
4. Walter Horton "With Carey Bell"
5. Jimmy Rogers "Chicago Bound"

Here are 5 that really shaped my approach to blues and harmonica
1. Muddy Waters "Muddy 'Mississippi' Waters Live"
2. Little Walter "Boss Blues Harmonica"
3. William Clarke "Blowin' Like Hell"
4. Rod Piazza "Harpburn"
5. Hollywood Fats Band "Rock This House"

If you asked me yesterday or ask me tomorrow both might be different lists but as I can recall them now here they are.
Ryan