From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tim Moyer
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:45 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Another way to look at music strange as it
might seem

Garry Hodgson wrote:
> true, but 99.4% of them are crap, leaving only 1.43 good ways.

Hmm, I get 144 * .006 (.6%) = 0.864 which is less than one good way.
Unless, of course, you consider alternate tunings, which raises the
number of possible ways to play the tune in the first place, and
therefore, the statistical possibility of finding a non-crappy way.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/