[Harp-L] Curtis

     Hey Ramon,
                        That was right on what you
said about music (and I'll add art in general) as a
means of transcending the mundane and baser aspects of
life. Two songs of J.S.'s in particular I think are
brilliant are
"She's A Lady" and "Younger Generation". You're lucky
to have seen his dad play.I never did.
     I did ,however, see Curtis Salgado play w/
Robt.Cray before anybody had heard of any of them.
They played a medium sized club in Redondo Bch. (The
Sweetwater) to maybe 20 people and did so flawlessly.
I was particularly impressed w/Curtis' singing. Cray
let him do a song. Years later I met him at The Belly
Up where he fronted Roomful. We were back in the
trailer/ dressing room listening to his harp solo from
the previous night . He said, "Wow, I was playing like
crap". I (and trust me, I'm very critical) thought he
sounded great. So,
that's his personality :a dedicated,
hard-working,humble guy. Somehow I know he'll pull
through this.

             Chris

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band