[Harp-L] Curtis Salgado

This was the announcement in The Oregonian newspaper 4-18-06

Curtis Salgado, the singer (Harmonica player) who served as one of the models for "The Blues Brothers and has been one of the Northwests most exciting performers has been diagnosed with liver cancer.
The 52 year old will undergo treatment in early May at Providence Hospital (Portland) according to his long time manager Shane Tappendorf.
According to Tappendorf the success of preliminary treatments may effect whether
Salgado will be eligible for liver transplant surgery in the future.
"At this point we're not looking back, we're looking forward. We're taking it one step at a time and stay positive," Tappendorf said. "There are a lot of what-ifs and you just don't know until you undergo some of the treatments."
Salgados next appearance in the Portland area will be April 29 at The Trail's End Saloon in Oregon City. Tappendorf also is planning an all-star benefit concert in mid-June.
A Curtis Salgado Fund has been established at US Bank in Portland to offset Salgado's medical costs. For more information visit www.curtissalgado.com.

A great player and singer Lets all say a prayer for a good and talented man. It can't hurt. One of our own needs our support.
Bobby Cole
Mt. Hood Oregon

RRC