[Harp-L] (no subject)

Very nice thanks.

Gus

Message: 12
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Overblow blues licks tabbed, with demo recordings
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, harpon <harpon@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've been seeing various requests lately for blues licks that use overblows, so I decided to tab out some licks in first, second, and third positions, record mp3s to demonstrate them, and post the whole thing at the Buddha's Groove forum:

http://www.thebuddhasgroove.com/buddhaforum/forum.asp?$sid=&id=18

Instead of the pure single-note overblow style often heard, I decided to put the overblows in the context of chords, octaves, warbles, and slaps typical of blues playing. While each entire line is tabbed out, the details of slaps, octaves, etc., are not shown.

I've utilized a couple of extended overblow techniques - bending overblows up one semitone, and playing a blow and overblow at the same time in a single hole.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Winslow