[Harp-L] Fwd: Curtis Salgado

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:  April 17, 2006  CURTIS SALGADO TO UNDERGO
TREATMENT FOR LIVER CANCER  PORTLAND, OR- Singer Curtis Salgado has
been diagnosed with liver cancer and has begun preparations for
treatment according to his longtime friend and manager Shane
Tappendorf.  Salgado who is battling a chronic liver condition will
receive treatments next month with the hope of a liver transplant
surgery in the future.  "I am fortunate to be under the care of an
incredible team of doctors and nurses and am inspired by the
courageous people that have faced this fight before me," the 52-year-
old performer said from his home this week. I am also extremely
grateful for the overwhelming support from my family and friends."  A
concert performance in Spokane, WA has been rescheduled for June 3rd
and doctors are confident that Curtis and his band will be able to
continue to perform this year.  The singer-songwriter and harmonica
idol was raised in Eugene, OR where he is best known as the
inspiration for John Belushiâs character of Joliet Jake in the Blues
Brothers as well as his six year involvement with the Robert Cray
Band. Salgado went on to become a member of the Grammy Award winning
band Roomful of Blues and enjoyed a short stint as vocalist for
Santana. The former Handy Award nominee has currently been working in
Nashville, TN on new material for his next album as a follow-up to
his last three critically acclaimed CDs for Shanachie Entertainment.
In the Pacific Northwest, Salgado is also highly respected for his 17
year commitment to sobriety and for his continued dedication and
countless speaking engagements in educating young people on the
dangers of alcohol and drug abuse.  A special account has been
created for donations to help Salgado with medical costs and an all-
star benefit concert is also being planned.  Donations can be made
for the "Curtis Salgado Fund" at any US Bank or can be mailed to:
US Bancorp 2550 NW 188th Avenue Hillsboro, OR 97124  More information
is available at http://www.curtissalgado.com

Need official info about the ORANGE BLOSSOM BLUES SOCIETY?
Just click right here for the Home Page, then click on *News!*

http://www.obbs.org/
Yahoo! Groups Links