-----Original Message-----
From: Emile D'Amico <EDAmico@xxxxxxx>

My improv processes goes like this:
The tune is in a minor so that gives us
a lot of choices.
I liked to use the natural, and the harmonic minor.
The melodic minor ascending is not a choice for me.
The color is pushing  it way too close to major for my personal taste.
Other choices: The A blues scale works great.
A dorian works great. Though when I use the a dorian I like to start on f#.
I just like the color it gives the music.This would technically be f# locrian .

My signature ending: aminL7 9 a lot of people have different names for this
chord
the L7 means major seventh. So there is no confusion these are the notes:
a c e g# b lots of color. I like to ride up the chord in a toots eighth note
fashion.