[Harp-L] Re: Kim Wilson show on 4-13-06

Christos wrote:
"(Kim Wilson) doesn't have a 'bad' CD. I also really like his Thunderbird recordings. Especially their 'Roll of the Dice' CD."

The "Kim Wilson" CDs I listen to most are "Ludella" (Jimmy Rogers' CD) and "Memphis BBQ Sessions" (Big Jack Johnson's CD.
I like a lot of the Thunderbirds' stuff too. But, for the record, I got the latest one, "Painted On," for Christmas. It has a couple good songs (I love the cover of Waylon Jennings' "Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line") but on a scale of 1-10 I'd rate this CD as a chunk of crap. Not much harp at all - which is not a bad thing necessarily - but just really weak songs. Pains me to say it too since I'm a big Kim fan and I was really excited about Kirk Fletcher and Nick Curran joining the band. Anyone wanta trade for this thing? ;-)
MN