Re: [Harp-L] Meisterklasse

Mr. Gazell writes:

The problem your referring to is when you try to fit a non-chromed reed plate to the aluminum comb which will cause the comb to flake because of dis-similar metals (brass and aluminum.)

Brilliant, this is the first time I've ever seen an explanation for why Hohner chromed the MK plates. That makes total sense. I hated the MK harmonicas because they were so difficult to hold onto for me. They used the same layout plates as the Marine Bands but the total harmonica was a lot smaller. I also had trouble with the one and only example I ever had, it would kill the 4 draw almost immediately. I bothered to get it fixed maybe 3 times then I gave up. It might be my playing was too aggressive for that particular level of airtightness. I've still got that harmonica and it has a working set of reeds in it, I'll have to drag it out and give it a try and see if I've improved to the point I'm read for the handmade MK. I'm always late to the party. fjm