[Harp-L] Roland Cube Amps

Bob-

  I have several harp amps and the Roland Cube 30 is one of them.  In fact, the guys in my band prefer the tone I get from the Roland over the tone I get from the tube amps.  I play a Harmonica Honker mic into the Roland, set on the Tweed emulation with a little delay dialed in.  Sounds sweet!

  I got it on eBay for $156.  I've been looking around for a Roland Blues Cube (a Cube 60 with fewer FX).  The little Roland amps are all killin' including the tiny MicroCube.

  You can hear a short clip of Dave Krauss harping through a Harmonica Honker mic and a Roland Cube 30 here:  http://www.bluedrivers.com/youdont.mp3

  You can see a photo of the Cube 30 in my studio here:
  http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=25712

  The Cube 30 is light, cheap, ultra-reliable, and sounds surprisingly good.  Don't let the tube Nazis harrass you into spending absurd amounts of money for something you don't really need.

  -Rick

Bob Boyd <bboyd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Is anyone using a Roland Cube Amp for playing harmonica through? I have seen
guitar player use them and they soud great, are loud, low priced plus are
light to carry. The Guitar one has amp models to choose from like Tweed,
Blackface etc. plus reverb and 3 band equalizer. There are also keyboard
ones and bass ones. Anyone out there tried one or is using one for
harmonica?

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com