RE: [Harp-L] sonny

I agree, Sonny Jr's tales of his time spent with Sonny Terry are fascinating.  Even better would be the photos.  Hey, Sonny Jr, why don't you share some of the pictures of you and Sonny Terry?  I noticed there are none on your website.  Post 'em so we can all enjoy...

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Donnie writes (snipped):

"I personally enjoy reading posts
that are from someone's personal experiences...and are harmonica
related...but are not total technical jargin."

....about Sonny's Sonny & Brownie tales of the old days. I SO agree with
you. They're a window into the past from someone who lived it, traveled with
and knew those men. I'm a big fan of Sonny Terry's harp playing. Hearing
first hand about what went on behind the scenes...their everyday lives is
priceless. My only concern is that Sonny Jr. is going through a very tough
post/mid surgery recuperation period of his own right now .....and I'm aware it's
painful for him to spend that much time telling us his tales. His heart is in
the right place....but at what cost? I'd love to see all of this in...if
not a written book per se...at least a photo-journal of Sonny & Brownie, with
Sonny Jr's commentary. Maybe with a CD attached of some of the shows Sonny &
Brownie played? Even some of Sonny's music now...because he's so good. Now
that I'd pay for....

Elizabeth