Re: [Harp-L] Crap Musicians

Rick In Davis wrote:
<Part of being a good harp player, I believe, is being a good person.  Some guys
<might make the 99.4 percentile on one measure, but not the other.  Better to be
<a crap musician than a crap person.

I agree 100% with the last two sentences of this post, and disagree 100% with the first sentence.

I regret to say that being a good person has nothing to do with being a good harp player, or a good
musician or artist of any other kind.  Plenty of great artists are awful people.  Plenty of good people
are inferior artists.

It's wonderful to be both a good person and a good musician.  Unfortunately, one does not
imply the other.  It's a pretty strange world, and part of its strangeness is that talent is sometimes
conferred on people who are not at all nice.

Regards, Richard Hunter