[Harp-L] Nicknames aka Sonny & Brownie

I had a friend (Bob who was an older tone deaf harmonica player from Brooklyn) who knew Sonny and Brownie superficially. Bob adored Sonny. Once Bob got me in the back room of some club on Bleecker street I believe. It was between sets and either Brownie was playing alone or Sonny was out of the room (forgive my swiss cheese memory). Bob introduced me to the man (I adored Brownie, the lyrics he chose, and his singing voice back then) and he (Brownie) said to me (joking in earnest I think) that "they ought to put all harmonica players in a plastic bag and drown them". Now he knew Bob and his relationship to the harmonica and no doubt Bob introduced me as a harmonica player so obviously he wasn't shy with his invective that evening. Other than his generic harmonica comment (I was so infatuated with Brownie I wanted to drown myself to impress him) he was pretty affable. No disrespect intended towards this icon. This was just a funny snapshot within a magnificent career. dennis