[Harp-L] Honeydripper and Sonny Boy Terry

Bob, If you like the Honeydripper then go for it as Joe Liggins wasn't told not to write Honeydripper in the mid 40's, there's Charles Brown's album, Honeydripper, Jack McDuff, I think his music label was The Honeydripper.
 I wonder if the awesome harp player, Terry Jerome, from Texas was told not to use the name "Sonny Boy Terry" in respect to which one, There's Sonny Boy 1, Sonny Boy 2, Little Sonny, Sonny Terry and many many many more with the name Sonny.
You know how he got the name Honeydripper?  It isn't hard to figure that out.  I personally wouldn't want to be known as the Honeydripper.
You do what you feel in a friendly and kind manner and what harm is it gonna do?If you havn't heard  Sonny Boy Terry's big ole fat Texas tone then check his music out!!!!! This dude can play BIG TIME!--- On Wed 04/12, < SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx > wrote:
From: [mailto: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 04:46:04 EDTSubject: [Harp-L] Re: Sorry, I have to do thisRob, all due respect, "The Honeydripper" was the earned nickname of a man I played with, the legendary piano player Roosevelt Sykes. For respect of his legacy do you think you could use another surname. Is anything calling themselves Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters? Some of these pieces of history need to be respected and honored. Please consider. _______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com