[Harp-L] Re:Teacher Lesson Scam

I work for a police dept.  This is a common scam just with a different
theme.  We had one lady, who lost her life savings $5,000 at a time, totally
more that $48,000, from this exact same type of scam. Her theme was that she
had won the lottery and was to cash each check, wire it back to an out of
country address to "cover the winnings taxes" and then never received any
money. She lost her own money, but another young girl in her 20's cashed the
check, wired the money, but she only had $1,100 to her name.  Now she OWES
her bank $30,000!!  An alert Western Union operator at a local grocery store
pleaded with an elderly man not to wire $5,000 to get his lottery winnings
and he reluctantly listened after to talking to me and then to our
detective.  Pass the word along to family members and friends that....."if
it sounds too good to be true....it probably is and is a scam."

****Speaking of teachers, does anyone happen to know of one in the Canton or
Akron, Ohio area?? I've been playing for about a year, just on my own, but
would like to move forward from beginner into the ranks of "crappy
musician"  : D