[Harp-L] harmonica case

I just bought a very cool used case at a local used music equipment store. It will be perfect for a harp case once I get some foam to hold the harps. Any ideas where I can get the foam that people put into these cases? Do you cut the foam yourself, or do you buy the stuff that is already in little squares that can be removed to make shapes. If you cut the foam, what do you use to cut it?

  Now a couple comments on recent threads ...

  1) I believe Little Walter was an innovator and was always experimenting with gear to get different sounds. Just listen to his records and you hear many, many different subtle, and not so subtle tonal differences. He may not have owned a lot of gear, and he might have not even known exactly waht he was playing through a lot of times, but he was obviously trying different things to get different sounds. If he were around today I bet he would be trying every digital effect out there to get new sounds. Just my opinion.

  2) I disagree with the statement about 99.4% of harmonica players being "crap musicians", but Chris' point is not entirely without merit ... and applies to many guitar players and others too. Reading music is not the issue, but understanding chord progressions and the notes that fit into them and being able to communicate in the language of music with other musicians, thats what is important. We might play the diatonic by ear, and thats great, but if we want to play with others at a jam or in a band, we need to learn the language so we can "speak" to the other musicians. Again, just my opinion.

  Jim McBride