Re: [Harp-L] EelectroVoice 630

The EV630 is actually one of my favorite mics.  It is what you could  call
"clean" compared to a crystal mic or a Green Bullet.  I find that each  note
retains better distinction with the 630.  I have several of these mics  but
prefer one that was modified by cutting off the elbow arm part.  It  makes it a
small sized bullet that is easy to hold.  I agree that the elbow  arm makes the
mic heavy and more difficult to use.  Mics are difficult  since each one has a
distinct sonic signature.  It really boils down  to personal preference,
however, it is nice to have a choice for different  styles of music.