Re: [Harp-L] re: what are you going to do about it?

So to bring it all around with the original subject, I suppose I'll admit to being part of the 99.4% of crap musicians if the definition of "musician" requires reading and writing. I'd like to think of myself as a pretty decent musician, maybe just a crap "theoretical musician". For now.

I admit to being part of the 99.4% also, but I think the original poster equates "mediocre" to "crap".

You don't have to know how to read/write music to be good. Show me a musician who can read music well and I'll show you a musician who can play someone elses music. A true musician plays from the heart and affects others with what he/she plays. It is something you either have or you don't, and no amount of practice or reading ability is going to change it. There are not many around that can do that (about 0.6%, give or take a few tenths. ;-)

Tom