From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Pierre
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:39 AM
To: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re:[Harp-L]Little Walter - Michalek's comment

There's two much shit in this world already, we all need to set an example
and figure out how to play nice.

I think that sometimes people get offended by other individual "innocuous"
statements.

When you interpret something, you read it from your own frame of reference.

For example Chris's comment that "99.4% of all harmonica players on earth
are crap musicians" may offend many people on this list. It seems arrogant
and is insulting to people who practice daily.

But if Chris had said that 99% of guitar players are crap musicians as all
they can do is play from tab and know nothing about the art of playing
guitar, most would agree. (Except guitar players on the list).

When Chris mentions horn players, he's probably thinking of guys like
Charlie Parker, Dizzie Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Stan Getz, Stanley
Turentine, ... then no wonder he thinks that harp players are poor
musicians.If you want to play like Charlie Parker, you better hunker down.

When you get offended by something, you can post back to the list that the
comment upsets you and explain why it upsets you. Then the person gets to
clarify his post. In some cases both parties will learn something.

By the way, I think Chris likes to get a "rise".

Pierre.