[Harp-L] re: Little Walter expounded

There's a feel to tube amps that's hard to emulate. I'm not talking about the
sound but how the amp responds to your playing like an instrument. This may or
may not be important to you.

There were other harp players who played horn lines. True. None did it with
Little Walter's exuberance. He would have been great amp or no amp. Would he
have played through a solid state amp? I'd guess, like Cotton and Junior Wells
that he would just play through the PA but that's just a guess.

You don't have to be a spectacular or elite musician to play a harp solo. Hit
the melody on the beat. Listen. Use restraint. Relax.

I asked a prominent harp player to evaluate my playing. He was polite enough to
listen. He said he didn't like my tone and I was playing too much. That
information is priceless.I remember being crushed when the band told me to shut
up and only playing during the breaks, but it improved my harp play 100%.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm