RE: [Harp-L] Re: Walter and SS

SJ,

	Just what the Doctor ordered! This is exactly what I've been saying,
you out and about, a few new songs or CD, mini CD to sell along the way for
some extra cash and our eargasms. The addition of Mitch, the DT, and people
getting to check out history on the hoof. You only need to do this a few
seasons for a way to truly let people know what it's all about. I feel that
finally people see the truth of service, an amp that no other has even come
close to, and now even I who have had a few tech adjusted Bassman Amps,
can't imagine having to play through something else than my SJ410, except an
up graded version of the same or a new bomb that you explode on the scene.
Now, I've mastered the small room thing, intermediate sized venue, and
outdoors thing without sound man, with sound man. Mics help with the
different styles. Tom Ellis and Steve "Thunder" Warner have given me the
guns. Steve knows how to make the SJ410 roar. I see no need for pedals, but
people who I play with in two of the very over powered ventures that I am a
part of believe in them. I actually believe that tube settings, bridging,
and custom crystal mic adaptation is all that you truly need to play the
blues. But, one of my crews is influenced by Steve de Bruin from Belgium who
is revolutionary in his approach and a good harp player with a myriad of
pedals. And, the other crew is into heavy metal oriented blues. Power,
wildness, and gadgets! So, I like to eat, so I do the things that get the
jobs. Remember the people we often play for are certainly not purist. In
fact, far from purist, they just want to party. And, that ain't bad. Give
the people what they want! Let them eat cake, or pitas, or whatever they
like. I don't want to get hanged or go to the guillotine! I just want people
to come back for more, so I can afford to buy harps, mics, amps, and all the
necessary stuff to make it all go. And, I'm sure you have a similar
viewpoint to some extent. Let's give the people what they want, and I'm sure
that's you out and about layin' down a few riffs, spreadin' the blues gospel
with your background, experience, first hand knowledge of Sonny Terry, and
those incredible amps!
	People are amazed at the sound, tone, and quality that I have,
especially people who used to play with me. Some say that I sold my soul to
the devil because they feel I have gotten much better. I realize that in
sounding better you do get better. A tremendous amp is no substitute for
being able to get around on this instrument. If you can't play no amp will
make you sound better. In fact, if you can't play these amps will expose
you. Because, before when no one could hear you, any of the SJ series will
let them hear you can't blow. But, if you can get down, these amps finally
let you pour the honey where you meant for it to go! I commend you again for
another tremendous idea and concept. Put it on the road! The sooner the
better!

Be excellent to yourself,

Rockin' Ronny