[Harp-L] little circle

Actually it's a very big circle.  Publicly archived google indexed list
with way over 1300 subscribers.  This is something I try to keep in mind
when I post. Do I want someone to read this a year from now?  Regarding
the private vs list e-mail problem I've finally resorted to adding
/OFFLIST to the subject header of anything I wanted to remain private.  I
hated doing it but it really has eliminated the problem for me.  Please do
remember that people new to harp-l often make the mistake of posting
publicly what was a private response.  I'd delve into the nuances of
polite discussion but since I was never supposed to see any of that I'll
pretend I never did.  fjm harp-l-listowner