[Harp-L] re: Pro Junior

Before I left for tonight's gig, I tried an experiment with my PJ and Bassman.  I was trying to see if I could get the Bassman to make the same low pitched second note noise I was getting from the PJ.

  Sure enough, if I run my Bassman over 6 and play the high end of my high key harps, I get the same sound.  Especially when I play blow bends.  I am now convinced that my problems stem from the speaker.  Evidently this tone cry occurs when amps are ran at high volumes and high notes on a guitar are played and bent (which is what I was doing with the harmonica).  The PJ has a much lower quality speaker and fewer watts, so this could further the occurance.  I suspect that it can occur more readily with harmonica because of the comparative signal strength.

  I also tried both amps with the Kinder again.  I could turn them to full volume with out any squeals, but I could still get the cone cry!

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
NiteRail

http://www.niterail.com