Re: [Harp-L] Using a Solid State Amp for Blues Harp

Hi Rick, That's a BEAST of a rig you got there.  Bet that cab is more than 5 pounds.  I play through my little Pignose HOG 30 when I practice sometimes.  I'm also experimenting with little chip amp circuits like the Smokey Amp has.  I built a little one watt screamer into a cigar box with big heavy 4 inch speaker.  Looks real cool and runs off a 9 volt battery.  Very loud when hooked to a bigger cab!   I use a tube amp most of the time when I play in weekly jams.  However, I miced the cigar box amp one time and it worked OK too.  I'm finding that some people really get "hung up" on gear.  Im a tech geek so Im always fiddling around with something.  For the most part however I think a good tube amp is the way to go.  If it is designed and set up properly you should have no problem with feedback.
I have yet to hear a SS amp give true "tube" sound.  They can come close though.  Keep up that rockin blues you do !!  Sounds good  --Joe