[Harp-L] Dan Lynch and New Gig every tues in NYC

Dan Lynch was a great club to hear local blues musicians, I remember asking bill Dicey questions about blues history, He was a good player Too, nice guy! I?m happy that others remember Bill, he contributed a lot to the blues seen in NYC.

Bob Shatkin taught at the New School, and knew more about harmonica history then anyone! He also taught us to use the draw hole 2 and the blowhole 3 on a blues harp. He said that people should have to guess if you were blowing or drawing!

Both of these musicians helped us third generation NYC harp players carry on the torch.  And I definitely cut my teeth at Dan Lynch with Moose and the built Proof Blues Band and others bands in the late 80?s and 90?s.

Moose and I had the devious honor in being the last band to be paid at Dan Lynch.

I just procured a new Gig at this club called
Pine Tree Lodge 326 East 35th Street every Tuesday at 10pm till 2am with a Jazz- old time band, Great musicians, but please e-mail me @ harpburn@xxxxxxxxx if you are coming down to see me because I will not make every gig, but for the next few weeks I will be there.

yes, the old Dan Lynch club on 2nd and 13th. I used to go down to the
city
with Dave Therault or Marty Fink(a great big Walter player from
Queens)from CT
in the late 70's early 80's for the sunday jam. bill dicey was also
still alive
and doing the booking there. Bob Shatkin used to show up and give
lessons on
the street corner
to quite a few guys including myself. A really great acoustic style
player, a
monster on Walter styles, and a great guy. I miss those days.
HB

I am so glad that other people remember. Dan Lynch kept the Blues alive
in the city in the 80's and early 90's IT was a fun club. Anyone
remember Bill Dicey?