[Harp-L] re: can I blame the gear?

Thanks for all the suggestions and detailed information from the list.

I'm going to buy a couple of Special 20s and see if I can hear a difference in
the chording. In the meantime I'll stick with melody lines (that's what I do
mostly anyway). I'll work on relaxing as well. Kind of an odd
juxtapostion--need to keep the music rocking, need high energy for this music,
but need to be relaxed to do it.

Recording is an interesting art. As a bar band, you get points for showmanship
and enthusiasm. Hard to get that across when recording. Also you can play lots
of stuff live and it's fun. What's the point of recording Little Walter, Chuck
Berry, or the Beatles? They've already been done better than I would ever dream
of. So you try to come up with new stuff, but of course the new stuff is
competing with Little Walter, Chuck Berry, and the Beatles. Good thing I have a
cast iron ego.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm