Re: [Harp-L] Bob Shatkin Manuscript

In a message dated 4/3/06 7:03:00 PM, wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My name is James Leo, I used to hang with Bob at Dan Lynch in NYC. I moved
ot New Paltz NY and use to visit him Grand Army Plaza Library where he worked
up to his death. >>

yes, the old Dan Lynch club on 2nd and 13th. I used to go down to the city
with Dave Therault or Marty Fink(a great big Walter player from Queens)from CT
in the late 70's early 80's for the sunday jam. bill dicey was also still alive
and doing the booking there. Bob Shatkin used to show up and give lessons on
the street corner
to quite a few guys including myself. A really great acoustic style player, a
monster on Walter styles, and a great guy. I miss those days.
HB