[Harp-L] HARMONICARAMA 2006 Songlist Clarified

To the Harp-l list:

The formatting for the song list really went crazy, so here it is, a bit
more understandable.

The selections are biased towards the traditional jazz audience.  If you
would rather play something else we can discuss it.  We are part of the
entertainment, even at our ?tryouts? in the first two sessions, so while
you are deciding on what to play, try for two tempos so I can develop a
mix during the tryouts.

Yes, you can use differently keyed harmonicas.

Hohner Harmonicarama

AT

The Great Connecticut Traditional Jazz Festival

Harmonicarama Tryout Application

Last name:          _____________________

First name: _____________________

Address: _______________________

City: ___________________________

State: _________

Zip: _________________

Telephone: _____________________

e-mail: _________________________

Applicant must copy this completed form; retain the copy and mail the
original.

Enclosed is $10 Application fee, made out to TGCTJF.

?LIVE? RHYTHM ACCOMPANIMENT PROVIDED

THE TRYOUT IS THE JUDGED EVENT.

ONLY HARMONICA ABILITY IS JUDGED, PLAYING DIXIE, SWING OR JAZZ STYLES.

CAREFULLY UNDERLINE OR CIRCLE ONE TITLE FROM EACH SIDE.

NAME    (KEY)

Memories of You  (Eb)

Everybody Loves My Baby (F)

All of Me (C)

After You?ve Gone (Bb)

At Sundown (F)

Avalon (F)

Body and Soul (Ab)

Chinatown (C)

Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans (C)

Hindustan C

Bill Bailey (F)

Shine     (C

Blue Skies  (F)

What a Little Moonlight Can Do (C

I Can?t Get Started  (C

Cherokee (Ab)

I Surrender Dear (C

Indiana   (G)

Up a Lazy River (F)

I?ve Found a New Baby (Eb)

Rose Room (Ab)

Running Wild (Bb)

The Lonesome Road (Eb)

Sleep (Bb)

Nobody?s Sweetheart Now (F)

Cabaret  (Eb)

On the Sunny Side of the Street (C

(The) World Is Waiting for the Sunrise (C

There?ll Be Some Changes Made  (Bb)

Washington and Lee Swing              (Bb)

IF YOU MAKE THE ?SHOW? PLEASE CHOOSE TWO SLOW

AND/OR UP-TEMPO SELECTIONS, NOT NECESSARILY

FROM THE ABOVE LIST

MAIL TO:

before May 20------

John Mooney, 1830 Athens Lane,

The Villages, FL 32162, before May 20;

after May 20th----

to 761B Pontiac Lane, Stratford, CT 06614

(352) 396-1014 any time;

e-mail to jmooney@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact 1-800-HOT EVENT for a Jazz Festival mailer.

Mention the Harmonicarama to the 1-800 HOTEVENT folks.

?WHEN WILL YOU EVER GET A CHANCE LIKE THIS AGAIN??

Thanks everyone.  Even if you're not interested in trying out, let me
know what you think of the idea, and whether it would have any value in
your neighborhood.

Harmonically yours,

John Mooney

The Villages, FL