RE: [Harp-L] can I blame the gear--please?

Did I forget how to play harp after I recorded the acoustic piece? Do I get to
wound up and play too hard when I play electric. Is there something inherantly
strident about a 80s green bullet mic into a tweed champ. And lastly, feeling
like a heretic, since the acoustic piece was played on a Hohner Blues harp, is
it the Lee Oskars?

Rainbow Jimmy

When I made my CD I used just a SP20 low D and a G Lee Oskar. We did everything the same way for all the tracks with an SM58 mic on a stand and minimal intervention so as to get a clean sound. In spite all I've heard about Lee Oskars having a thin or shrill tone I was amazed at how little difference there was between the two harps in the sound quality. I've always thought that tiny differences are much more evident to the player than they are to the listener - the same goes for fine-tuning differences too.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm