Re: [Harp-L] Why use a Harmonica Mic?

Hi Cathal, Mics are really a matter of personal preference.  Depending on the music you play you can use a vocal mic or a "harp" mic.  The vocal mic will sound a little cleaner  with less distortion.   Most harp mics have a higher output level and tend to drive the amp a little harder for more distortion.   Actually some of the old mics (JT30) where used for broadcasting and just so happended they sounded really cool for harp.  That goes back the Little Walter days.  Experiment and find what you like and use it.  There's no right answer.
Enjoy !