From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Paul Routledge
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 12:17 PM
To: Harp L
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bad reed I think

It sounds like your reed is broken. Replacing reeds is an ambitious
project for a beginner.
So therefore I would buy a new harp. Then get a chromatic tuner and a
Lee Oskar tuning kit and use the broken harp to learn the basics of
how to tune up your own harps.
This will teach you a lot and save you loads of money over the years.
Also if you have friends who play harp but don't know how to tune
them you could either make a little cash fixing their harps or gain a
reputation as a real great guy to deal with by doing them for
nothing, or in exchange for other favours ( a bit of tuition for
example).

Hope this helps
Paul