Re: [Harp-L] 5th position

Chris Michalek wrote:
If you truly want to go where no man has gone before - play the music
that's in your head.........

With all due respect to both your opinion and ability as a musician, what's in your head may not resemble what's in the head of others.

When I'm playing I don't think anything, I see colors, textures,
waves of rhythms in my head. That's what I play.

What you describe sounds like synesthesia, a condition where a person's sense of sound, touch, taste or smell overlap with other senses, i.e. hear shapes, taste colors. If that is indeed your case, then not only are you one up on the average harmonicist in terms of talent, work ethic, etc., but might actually have a neurological condition that you can take
advantage of in your musical pursuits.

See these links for further information.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0003014B-9D06-1E8F-8EA5809EC5880000

http://www.lammas.co.uk/messian.htm

These are just a couple of links available when you Google for: synesthesia musical talent

All that aside... damn, you're good.

lth