Re: [Harp-L] this recent thread on positions, notes, colors etc...

Aeskow@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Playing harp, like singing, has always felt like an athletic rather than an
> intellectual adventure to me.  And navigating into "the zone"--whether it's
> running down a long fly ball or tantalizing a crowd with a building riff--feels
>  like a process of 1) knowing the fundamentals of "the game" to whatever
> extent  is needed to make you feel solidly "in play" at your position, 2)
> registering  the "weather"--the wind, the feel of the turf, or the mood of the
> audience, and  then 3) going ahead and "playing"--which means going into a state of
> what John  Keats called "negative capability," free of preconceptions,
> self-doubt, even the  most basic self-consciousness...

as a favorite martial arts quotes puts it:

     aikido is half physics, and half magic.
     but the magic doesn't work until you get the physics right.

i think people like chris have the physics sufficiently
right that they get to live in the magic.

> For me, this has been the Way.  I guess I experience it as a goal,  rather
> than a technique, but when it happens it feels very close to  levitation.

this is my goal, as well.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?