[Harp-L] Re: Rob Paparozzi at Kavehaz in NYC

PT Gazell wrote:
> I am stating the obvious...however Rob P. is not only one monster of a
> harmonica player, but you will not find a more genuine, honest and basically
> great guy than Rob. Hey Rob come here to play!!!!

In 1999, I wrote the following in a review of Rob Paparozzi at the
Buckeye State Festival (http://hunterharp.com/buckey99.html):

"His diatonic harp work in particular is riveting, with a big tone and
some of the most fluid, driving lines of any player I know. When I say
riveting, I mean that every time I heard him at BHF, I turned around and
said "Who was that?"; he could not be ignored. Rob's work clearly
derives from Butterfield, both in sound and style. This may be
controversial too, and I don't know if Rob will agree, but I'll say it
anyway: Paparozzi has surpassed Butterfield by far as a player, and is
arguably a better singer too."

Still true.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com