Re: [Harp-L] The new Dylan movie....

Dylan's book, 'Chronicles, Vol I' doesn't shed light on his early harp playing either......devoted about half a page to the subject but not a peep on  why he even picked the instrument up. He does mention he plays simple in contrast to his hometown harp player, Tony Glover.  And SBW once told him he played too fast....simple it may be, but distinctive...two chords and you know who it is....

Jonathan Metts <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I've seen the DVD of this documentary, which came out last week in the U.S., and it is FANTASTIC! There's a good amount of harp content, some good and some not, but any fan of Dylan will be in heaven as you see unbelievable concert footage and tons of interview commentary from the man himself. My only disappointment is that lack of coverage about Dylan's brief stint as a session harp player in NYC.

Jonathan Metts