[Harp-L] Bassmans For Sale

Helping a friend sell a couple of Bassmans. He's a harp player, some 30 years, y'all may know him: Darrell Mansfield. The following amps are some of the final pieces of his extensive Fender collection left to sell. He's held onto these the longest, but no longer has need for them. He does most of his ministry traveling around the world with his tweed Champ. Therefore, he has decided to sell the following:

http://www.resgraphics.com/music-misc.html
(Scroll down a bit.. I'm still trying to sell my buddy Kooch's National. Any offers?)

One of Darrell's Bassman's is a '57 Fender Bassman 4x10 combo. Looks just like any other 5F6A, but a peek under the hood reveals it's a 5E6. The 5E6 circuit is nearly the same as the 5F6A, but the major difference is the utilization of two 5U4 tube rectifiers. Darrell says that this is one of his favorite Bassmans because, he claims, that you can "get it to sing" earlier. Especially when one of the tube recs is removed. He says it's much more favorable for harp than the 5F6A circuit.

Also, a rare '54 Fender Wide-Panel 2-Hole Bassman, 5B6. 15" Utah speaker, recovered in blonde tolex. Preamps are 6SC7, which sound nice for harp. Tung-Sol 5881's. Check out the size of those tranny's!

Prices are OBO, contact me with offers. I have not played through either amp, but Darrell is a gigging harp player of some 30 years, and he's played through just about everything, knows what he's talking 'bout. He has owned and gigged with every known Fender, and was well known at the Fender factory, knowing personally the three Mexican ladies who put the amps together for Leo. He's got some incredible stories. When I get the opportunity, I'll put a picture on my site showing him with his full Fender collection.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested in any of these amps.

Thanks,
Ray.

--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music