From: john kuzloski <jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:09:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Harp-L] sj4x10 with 545

I got one of Sonny's 4x10's awhile back and never posted about it.  The amp
doesn't need my endorsement, but I wanted neveretheless to publicly say how much
I love it.  I'm still feeling great from a gig last night (I need to testify!)
sittin' in all night with a "20 something," r&b/blues-based rock jam band kinda
unit.  (I had no idea we had played a Phish song, when a gal in the audience
asked for another one!).  Thankfully, they also played older classics like Take
Me To The River and One Way Out.

Anyway, the point is that with a 545 (from the North Allegheny School District
via Tom Ellis) I just loved the sound.  I was the only sound on stage not going
through the PA, and I was heard by all and had plenty of headroom.  BTW, there
was a EH Deluxe Memory Man in the chain; turning the delay up was fun when doing
some "scratching" behind the couple of rap-like numbers.  Personally, I think
the Unidyne III elements sound especially great with the sj4x10, they really
seem to open things up.  Perhaps in another combo situation (with less rock and
less band volume), a CR would sound great; but in this situation, it just
doesn't cut through the mix as well as the 545 family.

So, thanks to Sonny and to Tom Ellis (and Shure) and to EH.
(I need to add that I haven't played through a Meteor or a Velvet Glow to offer
any comparison.)
--John K.