Re: [Harp-L] John Hammond @ Argentina

Fernando Toral ha escrito:

> John Hammond will be performing in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Saturday
> 10th September.
> I wonder if he's coming with a band or is he alone with his guitar and
> harp...
> I shall be there to tell you.
>
> Fer

On Saturday I went to see John Hammond performing for his first time in
Argentina. He was on stage only with two chairs (one for his customized
Filisko Marine Band harps and a bottle of water), two guitars and himself,
giving us a complete lesson of traditional blues. He played Sonny Boy
Willamson, Howlin' Wolf, Blind Willie Mc Tell, Skip James, ´Jimmy Rogers,
Blind Boy Fuller, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt
songs, in an hour and a half set, explaining before each tune about how he
learned it, who wrote it... The man is a living encyclopedia of the
country blues!!! The best blues seen in years in Buenos Aires, for sure.

Fer from Argentina