Re: [Harp-L] Building better harps - How?

In a message dated 9/11/05 12:22:37 AM, jevern@xxxxxxx writes:

> 5.  Our goal should be to make the optimizing of harmonica performance a
> science instead of an art!
>
> The above assumes that the harmonica is a machine whose operation can be
> understood by objective measurement and analysis.  Those who depend solely
> on their ears will have problems with this approach. What do you think?

My ears agree with that. I would have problems with this approach.. However,
since it's unlikely that such a meeting would take place within reach of my
travel. . .
but....Some of us on this list are regulars at Buckeye, or SPAH... and, while
Joe Filisko's teach-ins are useful, I bet a meeting of this sort at one of
those gatherings, to talk about the many weird things some of us do to make our
harps play easier, would be well-attended. Maybe we can aim at something like
this for Buckeye 2006? If we can drag ourselves away from all the
entertainmetn that I know Jack is already planning....

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb