[Harp-L] Harp-L Logorrhea

I must admit I do admire fjm's troll-by-feint skills!  But, since we're all
sucked in now, I might as well join the fray... anyway, you brought me into
it, right, FM?

At 07:47 AM 9/10/2005 -0700, fjm wrote:
>I believe it was airherostudio@xxxxxxxxxx who came up with the design.

Indeed, it was Steve T. Lawton, the illustrator who's T-shirt design graced
Harp-L attire, and which most of us fold neatly away between conventions!
That order was filled back in 1998-99 as I recall, when Michael Polesky was
at the helm of Harp-L.  Haven't heard from him in ages, but his Air Hero's
Studio website is still on the Net:

http://www.geocities.com/MadisonAvenue/Boardroom/8397/

>I seem to recall Bobbie having been somewht involved in the original
>t-shirt effort, do you have any insights to offer us Bobbie?

Ya know?... Funny you should ask!  ;)  Not really, however, but......

Today, as if I had nothing better I should be doing, [Right!] I decided to
fiddle around with my Earthlink website account since my Free-Net server
[where the Renaissance pages are] has been down over a month with not much
sign of recovering either, as various government interests figure it's one
more free service that's run its course... the FIFTH earliest Free-Net in the
country!!!  Well, anyway, I have this free Earthlink webspace with my DSL.
So... I have put up Steve Lawton's shirt design, as well as the other three
he made up for Harp-L.

And, while I was at it, I dug out the other various logo suggestions I've
seen appear over the years... although probably all of them were done before
2000, I'm fairly sure.  [Yeah, I save some crazy stuff!]  I added them to the
site as well, so here's the URL for the curious:

http://home.earthlink.net/~bogio/Harp-L_Designs.html

As for a logo, probably the closest to being accepted as a logo was the one
used on Harp-L's website, done by Robin Chapin, of a chromatic with Harp-L on
the coverplate.  That's the one at the top of the 3rd page of my website.

The rest are mostly sketches and drawings.  [Psst: Guess where Bluesharp.org
got their logo idea... oops!]  I wonder if Rod Thomas knows... ;)

Enjoy, H-Lers!  I had fun with it!
And fjm, go soak in that new bathtub!  You need a break!!! :)

=[BOBBIE]=
||  h a r p  s p o k e n  h e r e  || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||