[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 25, Issue 17

Hi Folks

Interesting craic going on about the D5 and B7 here...should we or  shouldn't
we get tore into them?
As i was thinking about it it occured to me that i use these notes a
lot,especially when playing blues.    Is there a note when we  bend that draw 5?   I
would say aye there is indeed,but it doesn't  really have a name in
european/western musical traditions.
Given that blues is a micro tonal form of music...or so i beleive...i love
to use these in between spaces.     Kim Wilson does some great  stuff when he
really leans on that draw 5.
 I may be havering a bit here as i'm not an expert in this  stuff and i'm
sure Chris Michalek could shed a good deal more light on this  subject,but it
seems to me these in between notes/makkams...what ever you want  to call
them...are an integral part of what gives blues it's deeply soulful  sound.
Well...that's my  thrupence worth.

               Kindest regards to all,Al.