[Harp-L] built in obsolescence

Hi Everyone,
I would like to point out that the reeds on the Special 20 are the same
reeds on the Marine Band. Although the alloy has been changed many times
over the years, a reed from a brand new Special 20 will fit perfectly
into a 70 year old Marine Band! Stock harps from any era will tend to
blow out for many reasons. I think the most common reason for this is
playing too hard. PLEASE let your amp do most of the work!
Occasionally a reed will be defective also.
I play allot and hardly ever blow out a reed. One reason is that over
the years I have gained more control. Another reason is that I don't
play stock harps.
I know how to build a harp to last longer. I don't have to fight with
them to get the notes I want, and there are several other factors which
when combined, make a better, longer lasting, repairable when they do
break, harp.
All the best,
Bob Meehan