Re: [Harp-L] Special 20s "built in obsolescence"

From: "Tony Renshaw"

I am 1 year into things, and am getting frustrated with >the ease at which the Special 20s blow out, or actually >bend out

I can confirm that it's the player and not the harps. I blew SP20's out in high volume my first two years, and had to switch to Lee Oskars even though I highly prefered the SP20's. Eventually, I learned to back off and use back pressure instead of raw force to acheive volume and tone and ** BAM** all of a sudden I stopped blowing through so many harps and was able to switch back to the Hohners. I still blow them out, but I've got several in my set that are 1 year +, and 6 months for the more common keys is within the realm of possibility now, something that never would have happened a few years ago...Mark