[Harp-L] Re : Georgia/which harp <==<<<- Follow Up

Follow up :

Jerry ,

When it comes to what key , the best key is what is " easy " for the band or --- .

When it comes to guitar based bands keys like " E ( " A " harp second position / cross harp ) , D ( " G " ) , A ( " D " ) , C ( " F " ) seem to be the more popular keys because of the open root chords that guitar players love and most revolve themselves around for the more part of guitarslingers . Other times the key is predicated upon the range of the singer's ( ¿ you ? ) voice so that is an other thing to factor in .

I like it in " F " , the sound I get from a Bb harp is what does it for me and my vocal range as well . I can play it in any other key too depending on the musician/vocalist .

For starters to make it easy on yourself try blow'n it using a " F or D " harp(s) , these two keys are really super fast and really forgiving in regards to the air needed to really get a great tone and texture going on , while at the same time  getting it down as fast as one can possibly do with a great and dedicated practice regime with out blowing your lips lungs out after a long session of hit or miss searching drawing/blowing air during 2 to 3 hours of practice . Lower pitched arps like " A & G " for example will kill you because of the nature of their large reeds as oposed to the smaller reeds of the D & F harps  . Even if you read music or harmonica tabs it will take time to nail , but what the hey man enjoy the ride I sure did !

I can read notation , it is how I learned songs like Georgia on keyboard , how I learned songs on my trumpet and how I learn many other songs on guitar as well , but on my harp Georgia -- I learned that from my heart via my ears , my mind and Hoagy Carmichael and Willie Nelson's recorded versions on vinyl records .

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx