Re: [Harp-L] Switching tubes for easier breakup...

Another thing to remember about pre amp tube swaps is the different 12a series tubes have very different eq's. So while you're lowering gain in the preamp section you're also altering the treble bass response. Subjectively the amps I play don't sound nearly as good with lower gain pre amp tubes as they do with the higher gain 12ax7's. Realise that I don't play a Bassman or a modern amplifier, your mileage may vary. fjm